Flambeau Sustainability Policy
Flambeau brings plastic to life by developing and delivering innovative value to our customers through our people, brands and products. Through our policies and procedures we are committed to being ethical, environmentally and socially responsible, an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to reduce the effects of manufacturing on the environment and natural resources, and provide a safe work environment for all employees. We also aim to optimize energy efficiency in our products, processes and technologies and provide our customers with a quality product.
Goals and Objectives
Goal #1: With a focus on being an equal opportunity employer, Flambeau will not discriminate against race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, disability, military service, protected veterans, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics by law.
- Objective 1: Application decisions will be based on valid job requirements.
- Objective 2: Employment actions will be administered fairly to all persons.
- Objective 3: Harassment of any kind to any employee or applicant will not be tolerated.
- Objective 4: Flambeau continues to maintain an affirmative action plan for minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Goal #2: With a focus on the environment and waste management, Flambeau will reduce waste in the office and on the manufacturing floor and at all job functions and reduce, reuse and recycle.
- Objective 1: We measure our unusable trash/waste (such as purgings, contaminated resin, and floor sweepings) on a weekly basis and it's on our plant KPI's.
- Objective 2: Any material for disposal will be disposed of properly through our waste management vendor.
- Objective 3: Schedule our trucks to run on the road when full, which will eliminate trips back and forth, diesel consumption and emissions to the environment.
Goal #3: With a focus on recycling, Flambeau promises to reduce, reuse and recycle.
- Objective 1: Recycle all materials in offices, break areas, and on the manufacturing floor such as paper, cardboard, plastic and aluminum.
- Objective 2: All regrind that is generated is recycled and used back into our processes to the fullest extend allowed by our customers.
- Objective 3: Recycling of shop floor waste and maintenance items such as cardboard, shrink wrap, skids, used oil, junk metals and electrical components will be done so in the proper fashion.
Goal #4: With a focus on power usage and water consumption reduction, Flambeau promises to do all they can to reduce the amount of electricity and water both in the office and on the floor and will reduce energy used by 25% over a ten year period.
- Objective 1: Replacement of one to two hydraulic injection machines on an annual basis with new servo-driven electric Milacron Roboshot Electrics that uses 50% less power than the previous presses.
- Objective 2: In 2013 Flambeau implemented a new 240 Ton Turbo-Core Central Chiller System for all chilled water needs that reduced our power consumption from 1.25 Kwh/ton of cooling to 0.65 Kwh/ton.
- Objective 3: Using the new closed loop chiller, Flambeau decreased water consumption by 10,000 gallons.
- Objective 4: All employees will be reminded to turn off the water when not using, both at work and at home and will be educated on further energy reduction strategies.
- Objective 5: We will use energy efficient light bulbs through the plant and offices to remain as energy efficient as will allow for manufacturing and operation.
- Objective 6: Air conditioning and heat will run on a lower temp when employees are not in the office.
- Objective 7: Replace all switches with motion sensors when possible to offer a cost efficient means of reducing energy. Employees will also be reminded to turn off any lights and equipment when not in use.
Goal #5: With a focus on social responsibility, Flambeau will not tolerate slavery, human trafficking, child labor, or forced labor.
- Objective 1: Flambeau established a code of conduct to hold employees responsible to be socially aware and not to engage in any of these practices but to uphold an ethical behavior both at work and at home.
- Objective 2: Flambeau does not employ children under the legal working age in the office or on the plant floor, unless part of a School Sanctioned School to Work Program.
- Objective 3: Policies and procedures promote all human rights and all rights are explained to employees.
- Objective 4: Labor laws are posted for all employees for all locations of our operations.
Goal #6: With a focus on Safety, Flambeau promises to be dedicated to making all work environments safe for employees.
- Objective 1: Flambeau currently has a corporate safety policy, manual, and checklist in place.
- Objective 2: Flambeau conducts monthly safety inspections.
- Objective 3: Wellness coaches counsel associates on stretching, proper lifting and ergonomics.
- Objective 4: Flambeau sends out regular safety emails and tips for all employees.
- Objective 5: Flambeau maintains all safety records, requires and delivers all required safety training.
- Objective 6: Flambeau has active safety committees at each location.
Goal #7: With a focus on ethics, Flambeau promises to make professional decisions based on highly ethical standards, proper morals, company core values, and respect freedom of association.
- Objective 1: A code of conduct is in place and will be distributed to all employees.
- Objective 2: A conflict of interest policy is in place outlining that all employees are to conduct themselves in a way that benefits the company. Employees are not to engage in activities or be motivated by interests that will diminish the company's full performance and goals.
- Objective 3: A conflict of interest policy is in place to keep all documents, processes, finances, and all other company information secure and confidential, both when employed by Flambeau or after leaving the company.
- Objective 4: Flambeau grants all associates the right to represent their interests.
- Objective 5: Flambeau ensures that their associates, subcontractors, vendors, and other representatives do not promise or give advantages to the associates of our customers.
- Objective 6: Flambeau ensures sensitive information, processes, materials and custom manufacturing from customers, vendors, suppliers, and representatives be kept confidential.
Goal #8: With a focus on quality, Flambeau promises to keep all certifications up to date and to inspect parts before they leave the facility and will not ship any parts that are known to have defects or be considered non-functional, or cause problems in the customer's application.
- Objective 1: We will stay abreast of any quality standard or environment standard regulations.
- Objective 2: We promise to keep ISO certifications up to date.
- Objective 3: We promise to do the proper testing and documentation of products related to CARB and EPA.
- Objective 4: Standards are in place for product testing before it ships to customer.
Statements of Commitment:
Commitment to Continual Improvement:
Flambeau is committed to establishing, maintaining and improving guidelines, policies, and procedures which will promote a culture of sustainability and environmental awareness by staff and our suppliers.
Commitment to Track Results:
Flambeau will adhere to a consistent review schedule to go over progress, issues, and updates of the sustainability procedures and practices. We will track, measure and report on our performance in all areas of performance and will commit to continually improving in these areas.
Commitment to Address Company Sustainability (in all company planning processes and management cycles of the business):
As part of our long term plan we commit to incorporate our sustainability policies and procedures into the management cycle such as all planning meetings, review processes, reporting and implementation strategies. This sustainability statement and all its procedural practices will go hand in hand with our company core values and we promise to always provide sustainable solutions to all our customers and staff.